Dr. Loredana Arienzo
Communications and Radar Sensor Technologies for Security Applications
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Joint Research Centre - European Commission
"Energy-Efficient Distributed Signal Processing in Mobile Wireless Sensor Networks"
1st International Workshop on
Performance Methodologies and Tools for Wireless Sensor Networks
October 23 - Pisa, Italy
The WSNPerf workshop is a one-day event held in conjunction with the International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools (VALUETOOLS 2009).
The main goals of this workshop are to bring together networking researchers from both academia and industry, to discuss recent advances, to identify future directions in WSN simulation and performance analysis, and to foster interdisciplinary collaborative research in this area.
In particular, the WSNPerf workshop focuses on the simulation and performance analysis of WSNs. Topics of interest for the Workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Simulator use and validation of simulation accuracy
- Design of experiment: good practice, common datasets or scenarios, etc.
- Wireless channel modelling
- Comparative studies of results obtained from different network simulation tools
- Validation with experimentation and real data from implementations
- Metrics definition for the cross-layering
- Cross-layer performance gain assessment
- Quantification of the interactions between the layers
- Multivariate and statistical analysis of the cross-layering
- Performance of Cognitive Radio Systems
- Metric definition in the context of cognitive radios.
- Performance analysis of cross-layer support
- Efficiency in the learning cycle
- Distributed spectrum detection and decision
- Modeling and simulation of cognitive networks in well-known simulators (NS2, OPNET, etc.)